firstname.lastname@example.org (+34) 983 108 983
Alfalfa cultivation has always been part of the agricultural culture of our region due to its adaptation to our soil and climate, being a magnificent alternative for any exploitation, adding richness to the soil.
Our range in dried alfalfa:
Alfalfa - Superior quality
PROTEIN > 20 /RFV > 170 /HUMIDITY < 14 /COLOUR Very deep green
Alfalfa - Extra quality
PROTEIN 18-20 /RFV > 150-170 /HUMIDITY < 14 /COLOUR Deep green
Alfalfa - First quality
PROTEIN 16,5-20 /RFV > 130-1750 /HUMIDITY < 14 /COLOUR Green
Alfalfa - Second quality
PROTEIN 15-16,5 /RFV > 130 /HUMIDITY < 14 /COLOUR Pale green
Alfalfa dehydration process:
- HARVEST; work with which “alfalfa” is cut, with conditioner mowers once the crop reaches 10% flowering.
- SPINNING; A few days after harvesting, the alfalfa is turned and prepared to be removed from the ground, thus favoring the natural drying of the alfalfa.
- COLLECTION AND TRANSPORTATION TO FACTORY: once the alfalfa in the field reaches 30% humidity, it is removed from the ground, which is done with forage choppers.
- RECEPTION OF THE PRODUCT: once the alfalfa arrives at the factory, several moisture samples are taken and the product is classified for subsequent transformation.
- DEHYDRATION: once, determined the humidity with which the alfalfa enters the factory is dried, for this, it is necessary to pass it through a trommel, where temperatures of up to 500 degrees are reached to lower the humidity of the alfalfa below 12% .. After a cooling process, it goes to the press where the final product is obtained, ready for dispatch.
Forrajes y Proteínas. Carretera Nueva, Km 4.1, Villalar de los Comuneros, 47111, Valladolid, España